Happy anniversary!
Congratulations, if you're reading this post it's likely that you've been training with the group for about a month now. There is an incredibly high drop out rate in Jiu Jitsu which isn't surprising as it's a tough martial art, so well done, you've lasted longer that a lot of people. Hopefully this first four weeks has given you an insight into Jiu Jitsu, I must say that the commitment and hard work has been impressive thus far, keep up the good work.
Last nights session saw more consolidation, more drilling the closed guard, arm bar, closed guard break and standing and knee through guard passes. I know it can be repetitive, but it really is the best way to learn. Have no fear though, we'll be learning some great new positions, concepts and techniques over the coming weeks, there'll be plenty of new stuff for you to get confused about.
Another great way to learn is visually, so I volunteered myself to spar with everyone for three minutes one after the other. There were five guys in total so not too many, hopefully you were able to see me applying the techniques, concepts and principles during the various rounds.
We ended the session with a couple of rounds of sparring, so nothing too stressful last night, I'm saving that for Thursday, hope to see you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment